Orlando, FL, April 24-25, 2015
WHEN: April 24, 25, 2015 | Friday and Saturday
TIME: Registration: 8a | Training: 8:30a – 5p
To register: http://nationalmarriageseminars.com/event/bringing-baby-home-educator-training/
COST: $525* per person | Earn 16 CEU’s through Cassidy. (available for purchase for $30.00 at the event)**
*Includes live training and a 300-page clinical manual.
**Q. Are the CE’s included in the price of the workshop? No, you may purchase your CE’s directly at the events. The reason is that anyone can attend from clinicians, clergy, students and couples. Not everyone needs nor wants CE’s, so we would unnecessarily be charging people. Also, we are not a CEU provider. We use Cassidy for BBH. (which are their fees). We do not make any money on CEU’s.
MEETING LOCATION: Orlando, Fl (VENUE TBD)
All new, updated training!
This newly designed, research-based 2-day training equips participants to independently teach pregnant and parenting couples to successfully prepare for the transition to parenthood. Participants learn to show couples how to:
- Strengthen their relationship
- Effectively manage stress and conflict
- Recognize and respond to postpartum mood anxiety and adjustment issues and postpartum depression
- Meet the emotional and psychological needs of a child
- Keep both parents involved in parenting
What is the Bringing Baby Home Program about?
Even the strongest relationships are strained during the transition to parenthood. Lack of sleep, never-ending housework and new fiscal concerns can lead to profound stress and a decline in marital satisfaction – all of which affect baby’s care. Not surprisingly, 69% of new parents experience conflict, disappointment and hurt feelings. Our research-based Bringing Baby Home workshops prepare couples for life with baby and helps them be the best parenting team possible. In a relaxed and supportive environment, parents learn to strengthen their relationship and foster baby’s development during this challenging time. They build on what Dr. Gottman and colleagues found is the best predictor of marital adjustment after baby arrives: the quality of friendship in the marriage.
Who is the training for?
Educators, nurses, social workers, child and family therapists, birth and postpartum doulas, midwives, childbirth educators, professors, parent coaches and clergy – all have taken the Bringing Baby Home Training and become Gottman Educators. The Educator Training program is designed for professionals who work with expectant parents and families with young children.
What can you do with this training?
The training provides the tools and know-how to facilitate couples’ small groups and classes at your church, hospital, community center, place of business, or home. Attendees learn how to teach pregnant and parenting couples the skills needed to encourage healthy, supportive family relationships while decreasing postpartum depression, relationship conflict, and hostility.
What can I expect from the training?
The BBH Training is a high quality program that combines lecture, multi-media presentations, interactive exercises, and discussion. Dedicated trainers facilitate two days of research-based training, teaching participants will be taught how to use the materials, content, tools and exercises. You will be equipped to teach the BBH workshop to parents immediately following the training.
At the training, you will receive:
- One Training Manual: Gottman Educator Training Manual, 300 pages. Developed and written by Drs. John and Julie Gottman and Master BBH Trainers, it includes all the teaching tools, exercises and research for successfully teaching the Bringing Baby Home Workshop.
- One Couple’s Workbook: Bringing Baby Home Couple’s Workbook, 250 pages. Includes insightful research, key parenting tips, guides and information, resources and interactive exercises. This is the workbook that couples receive when taking the BBH Workshop from Educators.
- Six Card Decks: These fun, interactive cards are used in the Bringing Baby Home Workshop with parents as interactive exercises. Titles include: Love Map Cards, Love Map Cards For Couples with Kids, Open-Ended Questions Cards, Father’s Cards, Expressing Needs Cards, Softened Start-up Cards.
- PowerPoint for Educators: Newly revised and updated, this PowerPoint includes the official revised presentation of the BBH workshop in its entirety. Contains over 150 slides to help you successfully organize and present all BBH topics in your own workshop. Slides are organized by chapter and include new graphics, research charts and more. Each slide includes a ‘notebox’ (seen by presenter only) for adding personalized presentation notes. (PowerPoint download link will be provided via email.)
- BBH Videos: Narrated by Dr. John Gottman, the What’s Baby Saying? and Let’s Play with Babyvideos are essential resources featuring authentic lab footage that focus on infant communication. Valuable films to show couples in your BBH classes!
- Organizational Resources: including marketing templates, budgeting outlines and other tools for the administrative organization of your couples’ classes.
As a result of Educator Training, you will be able to:
- Independently teach and facilitate the 12 hour Bringing Baby Home Couples Workshop.
- Independently teach and facilitate multiple authorized Sections of the Bringing Baby Home Couples Workshop.
- Use the Gottman BBH Educator title and distinction.
Before attending the training it is required that you watch a 15 minute Introductory Video that provides background on the research and development of the Bringing Baby Home Program. This video will be sent via email prior to the training.
We also recommend that you read And Baby Makes Three. Based on John Gottman’s research with new parents, this book shows couples how to avoid the pitfalls of parenthood, with exercises that will separate the “master” from the “disaster” couples and help new parents positively manage the strain that comes along with their bundle of joy.
Cost & Location: $525.00/person
Live Training Registration
Gottman Bringing Baby Home Educator Materials
Gottman BBH Educator Certificate and Badge
Continuing Education: We are pleased to offer 16 Continuing Education credits for the Bringing Baby Home Educator Training through R. Cassidy Seminars. CE Certificates will be emailed out following the training upon the completion of a course evaluation. The administrative cost of CEs is $30.00 and is not included in the cost of registration.